Saturday, November 20, 2010

Words of Wisdom

I just came across something I sent to a client a long time ago.  I hope these thoughts/statements are of use.
Mind

  • I accept that my eating and weight concerns are creating emotional distress, discomfort, and suffering in my life.
  • I choose to accept my body and weight as they are at this moment.
    Committing to accept myself is a choice only I can make.
Body
  • I accept that my genetic inheritance strongly influences my body shape and weight.
  • I accept how important it is for me to eat mindfully in order to live a healthy life.
Thoughts
  • To accept my body and weight does not mean that I am judging them to be perfect
  • Acceptance only comes from within myself. I don’t seek it from the outside.
Feelings
  • I accept that my worth is not reflected by my weight and shape, but, rather, my worth is determined by who I am as a whole person.
  • Acceptance includes rejecting the cultural and social messages I receive about weight.
  I hope your Sunday allows you some time for reflection and planning.



No comments:

Post a Comment