Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Binge Eating Tactics

A client recently sent me the following picture - thank you N.  I love its ambition.




Remember, any version of the above is a great step forward.  If you're really angry or stressed, counting to ten with a gulp of water in between each number (and a big burp afterwards!) may be the best you can do at the time, before ripping open that packet of Tim Tams.  But it is better than going straight to the biscuits.  And the next time you might be able to do 15 or 20 (and an even bigger burp afterwards!).

Remember, its that all or nothing thinking that gets us every time.  This image represents an ideal - by the end of this process you'll be full of water and quite likely the urge to binge has completely passed.  Think of this as a strategy or  tactic to help instigate change, have us pause before bingeing and give us time to let the thinking process kick in.  "How do I feel?"  "What do I need"  "Can I deal with it, distract myself or just do nothing i.e. sit with the feeling"

Happy burping!

No comments:

Post a Comment