Monday, February 2, 2015

If you love McDonald's french fries - you need to read this.

Often I blog about attitudes towards eating, weight and emotions - throwing in my own "two cent's worth" and maybe a couple of jokes.

But this, apparently, is no laughing matter.  Most people on the planet like french fries (or chips as we call them in Australia).  I personally love home made oven chips with mayonnaise (thanks Belgium for that fantastic idea!). And I have fond memories of my Dad's brilliant shallow fried chips - always a treat in a chip butty (i.e. chip sandwich).

As the author of this article, Melissa Breyer (@MelissaBreyer) says "fries are usually potatoes, oil and salt".  Not at McDonalds.  They actually contain 14 ingredients.  That's 11 more than appear to be necessary in the real world.

Actually, now I'm really scared because I've mentioned McDonalds in a negative way - I feel they may have agents lurking everywhere.  I'm going to move to an undisclosed location and change my name and appearance! I'm even too scared to show a packet of McDonald's fries in case they sue me (tee hee).



Here's the link to Melissa Breyer's article on www.treehugger.com.  Its there ready for you to digest(!) it.  Tell me what you think.

http://www.treehugger.com/green-food/anatomy-mcdonalds-french-fry.html





No comments:

Post a Comment