Wednesday, April 10, 2013

What's next in the Eat THINK and be Merry WORLD DOMINATION STRATEGY???

Next, of course, will be the launch of the Eat THINK and be Merry e-course, due on 31st April (yes, THIS year!).  I am putting the finishing touches on it, will distribute it to my cohort of trusty readers and editors, totally rewrite it at their advice and then work out how to run an e-commerce website - all in the next 19 days.  EASY!

Well, after ETBM e-course 1, will come ETBM e-course 2.  This will be a logical follow up to the first six week e-course program and cover more areas that will contribute to the body of knowledge about how to address the CAUSES of overweight and overeating, not just the effects.

But I'm asking you, dear reader, what you think could or should be on my agenda?

I have some ideas....

1.  The Chat Room.  i.e. a real room, with real people sitting in it (not the virtual type of chat room where you think you're talking to a 21 year old busty cheerleader and its actually a 55 year old pervy man!).  I'm thinking of making the chat room a weekly or fortnightly event (probably a Monday evening) where we sit around in a circle and sing Kumbaya (ooops, got carried away - too much earl grey tea coursing through my veins this morning!).  We sit around and go with the topic flow, with me being a facilitator, educator, encourager, debater and supplier of one Lindt Ball per person, per evening (so that we can do a mindful eating exercise).

2.  ETBM training courses.  For psychologists and other allied health professionals so they can spread the gospel according to ETBM about dealing with the causes of overweight, not the effects.

3.  Public speaking.  This one causes my stomach to drop to my shoes.  They say that people fear a bed of poisonous snakes LESS than they fear public speaking.  Let me tell you, I LOVE SNAKES.  I think I must have been an overweight snake in a previous life.  Public speaking, not so much.  But if forced....

4.  Something dear to my heart is the E.A.T. Foundation.  That stands for "Eat and Think".  I want to get this not-for-profit off the ground soon.  Its purpose is to provide group programs on eating, weight and emotions to socially and economically disadvantaged groups who would not normally have access to individual counselling/coaching due to their financial circumstances.  This group is looking for volunteers, so please let me know if you have any skills that a (currently) non-existent foundation could use.  I am especially interested in learning how to write great funding proposals (or have someone else write them for me).

5.  
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.  
All the rest are your ideas.  Allan Sugar (the British gazllionaire with a rather large personality in a rather small body) used his Twitter account to ask those following him to suggest content for his second book 'The Way I See It'? Alan Sugar received a survey of feedback to ensure his book contained content which was relevant for todays culture.  The key point of this exercise seems to me to be giving people what they want and/or finding out which issues are critical to those who are interested in the area of eating, weight and emotions.  So please get those comments flowing in through the blog or contact me at coachc@ozemail.com.au.  I'm looking forward to your input.  CHALLENGE ME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment