Saturday, May 18, 2013

Big Bottoms

I've just seen the picture of the roast duck in the Playboy pose that accompanied my last blog - that was supposed to be a picture of Dr Gabriel Weston who presented The Truth About Fat on SBS last week.  How she morphed into a duck is beyond me.  And  who would put a duck in that kind of full frontal pose - that's also beyond me!  Apologies for those of you who may have a naked duck phobia.

Moving on.  I read somewhere on the "electric interweb" recently about a model who was given a choice of constantly starving or becoming a plus sized model, and she chose plus size.  Plus size for her is 12 - 14 and she is voluptuous and gorgeous.  A big bottom is not a flaw, its a fact.  Life is not a beauty competition in which the smallest bottom wins.  There are far more important scales on which to rate oneself - kindness, integrity, sense of humour etc.

I have always been pear-shaped, whether I was 52kg or 88kg (yep - that's my adult range.  Thank goodness for my health that I'm now in the 70's).  One of my fondest memories comes from two decades ago - I was brave enough to wear a tight denim skirt to a disco (what the young whippersnappers of today call a club).  I had THREE different individuals say "nice bum" to me. It was a peak moment as my personal bottom rating was near the bottom of the scale.

Then just the other day I heard "Fat Bottomed Girls" by Queen on the car radio, and it reminded me of the seminal recording by Spinal Tap - "Big Bottoms".  So here's a bit of weekend "cheeky" fun.  Turn the stereo system volume up to 11 and sing along with David St Hubbins, Derek Smalls and Nigel Tufnel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qDgCmzh5ao



And if you are unfortunate enough to not know about Spinal Tap - go here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Is_Spinal_Tap

And for those of you who can't live without Queen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMnjF1O4eH0

No comments:

Post a Comment