Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Happy Holiday Season

As I may have mentioned, I will be moving interstate on 19th December.  As a result, blogs will be a bit thin on the ground for the next couple of weeks.

In the past, this level of anxiety, frustration and sheer hard work may have triggered plenty of emotional eating.  However, I am doing the following to try and minimise my reliance on food to soothe me:

1.  Check in with myself about my feelings.  If I am frustrated or just plain overwhelmed, I have a bit of a cry and feel better.

2.  Stop catastrophising.  I am moving interstate, not to the planet Zorg.  The moving truck is booked and even if its late on the 19th, it won't matter.  Me and my stuff will still get to Adelaide.

3.  Ask for help when I need it.

4.  Watch a few comedy DVDs in the evenings, or read a lightweight book.  (Read The Rosie Project - very funny.  Read the new Bridget Jones - not funny).

5.  Cuddle my "stress management consultant" i.e. dog, Charlie.

6.  Don't stress about any non-hungry eating - it'll just make it worse.

How are you going to cope with "the silly season"?  

Have a great holiday break folks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment